nwlc header mobile

norman wells land corporation logo

When an individual, group or corporation wants to perform an activity or use land or water in the Norman Wells region, they have to get the permission of the Norman Wells Resource Review Council (NWRRC) and the Sahtú Renewable Resources Board (SRRB).

Letters of application come to the NWRRC and are then reviewed as a board. If the NWRCC or the monitors of mines and minerals have any objections they make recommendations to the SRRB and Aurora Research Institute, who will assist in assessing activities in the area.

Responses to the applications are then sent along with any recommendations or stipulations from the NWRRC or SRRB, and they must legally follow their mandate as per the Land Claim Agreement.

sahtu secretariat logo  slwb logo srrb logo sahtu enrolment sahtu land use plan tulita logo